We’ve made it to Southwest Florida! Fun fact, we lived in Estero (between Naples and Ft. Myers) from March 2015-June 2017. And while it has been almost 4 years since we moved away (Crazy!) there is so much to this place that we wish we could have brought with us in our move back to Colorado (i.e. dear friends who became family, the beach, the weather, the beach, Sweet Melissa’s Ice cream, the beach, trackside donuts, did I mention the beach? etc.)
So… What about your fitness and nutrition goals?
We are in vacation mode this week, and it is so needed! However, the one thing that I’m determined not to take a vacation from is prioritizing my health. My food intake, for sure, is going to be a little bit more loose than it has been over the past few months. I believe that life should be lived. There are times in life when our strategy really should be tight, and other times when we really should go visit our favorite ice cream shop (maybe every day) in the city we no longer live in. Dieting and exercise on vacation can be tough, so don’t hold yourself to unrealistic goals, you are just going to beat yourself up for breaking them later. I am not saying throw it all out the door, but set reasonable targets to help keep yourself on track.
For my vacation nutrition/exercise strategy this week, I have five rules:
- I will count my calories and keep them at or below my TDEE (maintenance calories).
- I will keep a food journal.
- Daily Exercise (except Sunday), and post workout videos to instagram.
- I will keep my protein intake above 115 grams (but preferably closer to 130 grams).
- Before I eat anything, I need to tell myself to pause and ask myself if after I’ve eaten (insert food item name here), will I wish I hadn’t eaten in? (I’ve enlisted my kids help for this one)
Here we are at the end of day one of our vacay. I’m happy to say that I can put a check mark next to each of these items! It feels really good to do the work, and accomplish goals!
That’s it for today! Talk to you soon!
Experience the new found confidence in yourself! Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Dieting on vacation