So… I’ve been a little bit MIA from the online world this week. It’s Spring Break for my kids, although if you were to look out our window you would think it is Winter Break given the remaining foot of snow that has yet to melt after last weekend’s blizzard! I’ve chosen to be more available to them this week, instead of spreading myself thin while working to put content out on the world wide web. Don’t worry, I’ll be back dropping some knowledge again after this next weekend. But before I take the kids swimming today, I wanted to make sure that I get my weekly weigh in post up.
End of Week 11 Before and After Pictures:
Week 11 Food Journal:
This week turned out to be a far more active week than the last handful of weeks since my back injury. Between that and having gone 2.5 weeks without an indulgence meal, I have found myself just wanting to eat. For the most part, I’ve staved off the indulgent cravings, but they have definitely been there! I only hit my target macronutrient range one day this week. The rest of the week, my carbs were more around 30% of my daily macronutrient intake than the 20% that I’m shooting for. My calorie intake ranged between 1351-2153 each day. Most of the days ended at around 1800 calories for the day.
It’s fine. I know that my numbers, and food choices weren’t perfect. But I still stayed in a calorie deficit state conducive to fat and weight loss. I’m not complaining.
Here’s my food journal from the day that I ate the most, but was also the most active (last Thursday). The rest of the week’s food journal can be found at the bottom of the post. As always, the food reported in my food journal has the correct quantities, but may not have been consumed in the order it was reported.
Here it is:
Week 11 Bioelectrical Impedance Results:
My total body weight: 129 lbs. (Decrease of 1.4 pounds since last week, and a total decrease of 13.9 lbs. since start date).
Breaking my total body weight down into different categories of body composition:
- Total Body water: 76.1 lbs (Decrease of 0.6 lbs. since last week. Total of 2.2 lbs. decrease since start date).
- Dry lean mass: 28.2 lbs. (Decrease of 0.3 lbs. since last week. Decrease of 0.9 lbs. since first weigh in. Remember that this includes muscle, organs, and bone minus any fluid)
- Body fat mass: 24.7 lbs. (This was a 0.4 lb. decrease from last week. Total of 10.8 lbs. of fat lost since start date!)
- Skeletal muscle mass: 58.2 lbs (Decrease of .7 lbs. from last week. Total of a 1.8 lb decrease in muscle since start date).
- BMI: 22.1 (Decrease of 0.3 from last week. Total decrease of BMI is 2.4 since start date)
- Body fat percentage: 19.2% (This decreased by 0.1% from last week. Total of 5.6% decrease in body fat percentage since start date.)
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): 1391 calories (This decreased by 33 calories.)
- Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE): 2160 calories
- Calorie target range for weight loss: 1560 calories (I’m keeping this target range the same, but allowing for a couple hundred extra calories to be consumed if I find that I’m more active than could be considered moderate.)
For more info on Bioelectrical Impedance, check out this link here.
Week 11 Measuring tape results:
- Right calf (measured at widest part): 14 1/4 inches (Same last week, and down 2 1/2 inches from first measurement)
- Right thigh (measured at widest part): 21 1/4 inches (Down 1/2 inch from last week, and down 1 3/4 inches from first measurement)
- Hips (measured at widest part): 37 inches (Down 3/4 inch from last week, Down 6 inches from first measurement)
- Butt (measured at widest part): 36 3/4 inches (Down 1/4 since last week. Down 2 5/8 inches from first measurement.)
- Right below my muffin top: 33 1/2 inches (Down 3/8 inch from last week, and down 2 3/8 inches from first measurement)
- Waistline (measured across belly button): 31 3/4 inches (Down 7/8 inch from last week, and down 3 1/2 inches from first measurement)
- Chest (measured at widest part): 36 5/8 inches (Down 1/8 inch from last week. Down 11/8 inch from first measurement.)
- Shoulders (measured at widest part): 39 7/8 inches (Down 1/8 inch from last week. Down 5/8 inch from first measurement)
- Biceps: (measured at widest part): 10 7/8 inches (Down 1/4 inch, and down 5/8 inch from first measurement).
This is what my workouts looked like:
This week was a bit extra active. Thursday I did my own workout in the morning, then did the workout with my bootcamp class in the evenings. I don’t always do the workout with my class (I often just coach), but last Thursday I did, and burned an extra 800+ calories that day. I plan to do that again tonight, for no other reason than I really really love the movement!
Some additional activity came from our friend Mother Nature! We had a blizzard, here in Denver, over the weekend and ended up with 2 feet of snow in 24 hours! I’m so mad I wasn’t wearing my heart rate monitor during the three times that I went out to shovel. The snow was super wet, and heavy. Each of those times were 30-60 minutes of extra workouts, and I know that I burned some additional calories, I just don’t know how much. LAME!
Lastly, I flew progeny #1 out to hang out with his cousin in SLC, yesterday. After handing him over to my in-laws, I had to run all the way from the ticket counter to the gate. I made it just in time, but I’m figuring I ran, easily, a mile and half to make it to my plane on time (I don’t recommend running in jeans, a sweater, and wedge sneakers, though! My feet are angry at me today!). I didn’t have my heart rate monitor on that time either. I’m estimating an additional 100-125 calories burned.
Another week of weight loss progress has come and gone. Although my macronutrient numbers haven’t aligned to meet the range that I’m aiming for, I still lost weight. Last week, I lost 0.3 lbs of fat, and this week I lost 0.4 lbs of fat. I assume I’m just at the point where fat loss slows down as I am coming really close to my target goal. I am really excited, though, because I haven’t weighed below 130 lbs since 2015! A whole lot of life has happened since then, but this time I’m determined to never allow myself to cross over to the opposite side of 130 lbs ever again!
This weekend will be my first indulgence meal in three weeks. I’m really excited about that! But then I’m going to go another two weeks without an indulgence meal. I want to make as much progress as I can before we head out on our beach trip. SWIMSUITS BABY!!!
Anyway, that’s a wrap for today. Talk to you soon!
Experience the new found confidence in yourself! Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Food Journal Entries From the Rest of The Week:
Friday, March 12:
Saturday, March 13:
Sunday, March 14:
Monday, March 15:
Tuesday, March 16:
Wednesday, March 17:
Before and after Before and after Before and after Before and after Before and after