This is proving such a good learning experience for me as I’m coming to understand my capacities, or lack thereof! I was reminded, this last week, about my disdain for meals that take way too long to prepare. I mean, I adjusted the first programed meal plan on this site because it required way too much of me! Like all moms, I’m a busy gal, and I need simplicity when it comes to my food prep and consumption.
This next meal plan promises just that! You’ll still be required 2-3 hours of meal prep at the start of the week. The rest of the week, it’ll only be work at dinner time. This plan still follows a 6 meal a day program, but the 6th meal is something different you can make each day for dinner (or eat leftovers!). A bonus, you’re also ensuring that you’re making a dinner for your family that you know is loaded with the best type of nourishment for the body. I only suggested recipes that I’ve tried, and know that my kids all like. Believe me, I’ve searched high and low to find recipes which cater to all my picky eaters, and these suggested dinner recipes are winners!
Meals 1-5 on this meal plan make enough food to have meals for six days. It takes a strong minded person to endure much longer than that eating the same foods on repeat! I’m not there yet, so I’m only suggesting six days worth of meals.
Here are a few of the products listed in the meal plan and other product options that can help make your meal prep even easier:
- Don’t feel like cracking and separating 35 egg whites? You can either use a carton of liquid egg whites, or this egg white powder and just add water.
- LAKANTO Monkfruit sweetener is the top artificial sweetener that I recommend.
- I’m a huge fan of Muir Glen marinara sauce for both it’s flavor, and ingredient list that I feel great about consuming.
- When I’m not making my own bone broth, this is the bone broth powder that I like.
- I find that it’s way more cost effective to purchase almond flour in the larger size bags on Amazon or Costco than at the local grocery store. You’ll need almond flour for both the turkey meatballs and grain free chicken nuggets.
- Snag some of this sugar free, paleo, whole30 approved Primal Kitchen BBQ sauce to go with those grain free chicken nuggets.
And there you have it! I’m doing all my shopping and meal prep on Monday morning. I’m excited to put my best foot forward and win at week two of weight loss!
Like what you are reading? Enter your email below and get automatic updates every time I drop a new post!